Funeral/Memorial Services Planning
- Funerals Are For the Living: Plan Now to Save: Slide Presentation
- Planning for a Funeral
- Planning a Memorial Service
- 5 Key Tips for Funeral Planning
Burial and Cremation
- Earth burial – a tradition in simplicity
- Burial and Cemeteries
- Did you know that the costs for funeral and memorial services, cremation, and burials vary widely for identical services? That’s why it’s important to compare prices among funeral homes.
- Latest Mortuary Price Survey results. Price comparison of more than 100 mortuaries in Maryland, Delaware, and the District of Columbia for the simplest of funeral arrangements: Burial and Direct Cremation.
- Washington Area Funeral Homes Ratings . Local funeral homes rated by Consumers’ Checkbook, Washington, DC area.
- How to read a funeral home’s general price list
- Basic Services Fee (the non-declinable fee)
- Veterans Funeral and Burial Benefits
- Resources available to help with final expenses – see article in Fall 2014 FCAME Newsletter
- 12 ways to avoid overpaying on funerals
- Disposing of unneeded cemetery plots – see article in Fall 2015 FCAME Newsletter
- Caskets – how to save on them
- Simple and cheap, my father said – by the daughter of Supreme Court Justice Hugo Black
- Lay me to rest in a plain pine box – one mother’s letter to her children
- Should You Prepay For Your Funeral?
- Prepaying your funeral – benefits and dangers
- Pre-need contracts to pay funeral expenses sometimes bring problems – see article in Fall 2015 FCAME Newsletter
- Three ways to prepay for a funeral – see article in Winter 2011 FCAME Newsletter
Alternatives to Traditional Practices
- Eco-Friendly Funeral Choices
- Home funerals need planning and assistance – see article in Spring 2016 FCAME Newsletter
- Home funeral is an option to consider – see article in Spring 2012 FCAME Newsletter
- Caring for your own dead – see article in Spring 2016 FCAME Newsletter