What do we do?
The Funeral Consumers Alliance of Maryland and Environs (FCAME) is the volunteer-run regional chapter of a national non-profit consumer education and advocacy organization, the Funeral Consumers Alliance (FCA). We serve residents in Maryland, the District of Columbia and Delaware.
The information we provide on our website, in response to direct inquiries, and in talks to groups enables individuals to make more informed choices about funerals, cremations and other options for after-death services.
We also advocate for fair practices in the funeral industry through national and state legislation and regulation.
How do we use your donations?
We are a small group of unpaid volunteers who believe in empowering consumers to make dignified, meaningful, and affordable funeral arrangements. None of us is paid for our work, but we do have expenses.
- Website hosting, development, and maintenance
- Virtual meeting expenses (Zoom subscription)
- Supporting our national organization, the Funeral Consumers Alliance, with quarterly dues based on donations received
- Travel and copying expenses related to our advocacy of consumer interests in the Maryland legislature
- Printing and mailing of newsletters, brochures, and other publications
- Travel, mailing, and printing expenses associated with our periodic price surveys
- Travel, presentation, publicity, and copying expenses related to public information sessions and meetings
- Special projects associated with community education and outreach
- Are you interested in having a speaker from FCAME discuss funeral options and planning at your group event or meeting?
- Do you have a question or concern about funerals?
- Contact us at email@example.com (Since we have no physical office, this is the only way to contact us, and is much more efficient than a phone message system.)