The Funeral Consumers Alliance of Maryland and Environs (FCAME) is the volunteer-run regional chapter of a national non-profit consumer education and advocacy organization, the Funeral Consumers Alliance (FCA). We serve residents in Maryland, the District of Columbia and Delaware.
We advocate for fair practices in the funeral industry through national and state legislation and regulation.
The information we provide on our website, in response to direct inquiries, and in talks to groups enables individuals to make more informed choices about funerals, cremations and other options for after-death services.
Are you interested in having a speaker from FCAME discuss funeral options and planning at your group event? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How We Use Your Donations
We are a small group of unpaid volunteers who believe in empowering consumers to make dignified, meaningful, and affordable funeral arrangements. None of us is paid for our work, but we do have expenses. These include:
- Website hosting, development, and maintenance
- Virtual meeting expenses (Zoom subscription)
- Supporting our national organization, the Funeral Consumers Alliance, with quarterly dues based on donations received
- Travel and copying expenses related to our advocacy of consumer interests in the Maryland legislature
- Printing and mailing of newsletters, brochures, and other publications
- Travel, mailing, and printing expenses associated with our periodic price surveys
- Travel, presentation, publicity, and copying expenses related to public information sessions and meetings
- Special projects associated with community education and outreach